Copyright (c) 2014 WFH, LLC
Walking for your health is a good program. Any person 50+ years old should walk regularly if not daily for exercise as a part of their lifestyle.
Anybody who is physically able can and should walk for their health and they are walking smart. All people that do this are performing a smart and healthy activity.
People in the 50-plus generation a daily walk is the best activity that you can do for yourself. The first thing that you should do is get an O.K. to walk from your health care provider. That seems pretty simple, but when a person is doing any activity at all, even doing house work, yard work or walking you are doing an exercise.
Your walks should be for 30 minutes a day, and they can be broken up into 2 - fifteen minute sessions or 3 - ten minute sessions each day. Here are some suggestions that will make your walking program more comfortable for you:
1) When any person walks you are actually exercising. This activity is a good one to keep you healthy and mobile. A person can develop a spring in his/her step, and your muscles will become stronger. Walking will and can do all that for you.
The program benefits are many and walking is a great body motion to keep you more agile, limber and even healthier too.
In the beginning of your walking exercise program you should start to walk slowly and do not good too far. You can walk for about ten to fifteen minuets a day as I said before.
2) A walking program also helps to keep your blood presure under control. With your walking movement you create a physical activity that will make your blood pressure stay in control. Doctors tell us that.
3) This program is a simple one for you to do. You will not think about any problems that you have either. Walking will help keep your mind on what is important at the time.
Your program will provide a way for you to develop a solution to any situation that you might have, and that is good to do.
4) Walking can improve your circulation in your hips, legs, feet and keeps our blood flowing. If you get cool legs or feet, especially in the night, just the motion of walking will improve your circulation and can make them warmer, but you should check with your doctor.
If you are a business person and/or a 50-plus walker, you should have a solid base of support. This support is your legs, feet and good footwear.
5) If the weather is rainy, too chilly or just not a good day, indoor walking on a treadmill would be the next best thing for you. A treadmill walking workout is a good way to get some indoor exercise. This is a way for you to do your walking motion in and it's all done indoors.
6) When you are walking you breathe fuller breaths. Walking increases the amount of air that you are able to breathe.
7) Another point is that any person will strengthen his/her back from walking. Your back will not be as straight or as strong as a 35 year olds, but it will be somewhat straighter and stronger than it was before you started your program.
This will also make you walk with better posture. Did you know all people who are 50+ should do some walking as a part of their exercise program and lifestyle? This is what the doctors tell us that.
Anybody who is physically able can and should walk for good health, and then they are a smart walker. All people who walk for their exercise are performing a healthy activity. A daily walk is the best activity that you can do for yourself. It provides you with a good healthy program
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
I am Dr. Steve Gamby walking is a great exercise for all individuals who are fifty-plus. It gives you an exercise that will make it feasible for all members to be physically active again. This program will let all people over fifty do that.
Web site is walkingsmartoverfifty.com
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory