Summer is the perfect time for playing, both indoors and outdoors. It is the time when kids love to play with their friends, relatives and colleagues. It is when they go to parks, recreation centers or even in your backyard to play with different types of outdoor games.
According to the United Nations High Commission for Human rights, playing games is vital to the optimum child development. It is where they developed their dexterity, cognitive, imagination and emotional strength. It allows them to create and to explore a world where they can master, where they can conquer their fears and where they can pretend adult roles. It enables them to develop resiliency, competencies and confidence which they need in facing challenges as they grow old. When they played in groups, they learn to share, to resolve conflicts, to negotiate and to learn self advocacy abilities. It helps him to work under pressure, to develop sportsmanship and to learn critical thinking. Active play activities helped them boost metabolism and physical activity, an important strategy to prevent obesity in children. Sad to say that some play activities and games are controlled by adults, thereby losing its benefits.
Because of its importance to the total development and growth of your children, it is the responsibility of parents and guardians to choose the right games or toys for their children.
With the numerous toys sold in the market and in online retail sites, you can be confused on what item to choose. Before buying one, be sure to base your selection on the development needs and interest of your child. Whatever games you select, be sure that it engages your child in interaction and activities, where they can learn best.
Factors that should be considered when choosing toys for your child:
1. Cognitive skills
2. Communicative skills
3. Sensory skills
4. Physical skills
Tips in selecting child development games:
1. You should determine first what games are suitable to the age of your child. There are games suitable for toddlers, while others are perfect for preschool age.
2. Identify their interest first. Be sure to choose toys that your child would enjoy and would have wonderful time playing, while learning at the same time. If he loves to play puzzles, you can let him play trivia games, jigsaw puzzle and word puzzles.
3. Make sure that he game you choose will develop their social skills. If possible, buy toys that let other members of the family participate. This activity will not only serve as bonding moment for the family, but it also develops their social skills.
4. If your child in inquisitive and curious by nature, educational games are perfect for him. Educational games let him discover new things and ideas.
5. Regardless of what toys you choose, be sure to ensure the safety of your child. Make sure that the games you choose would not cause harm to them even if you are not around.
By choosing the right game for your child, you can develop him emotionally, physically and intellectually.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
William U. Steinmetz enjoys writing for Targettossgames.com which sells cornhole game and washers game as well as a host of additional products.
Related Videos on Family
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory