Project management is the art of planning, organizing, securing and managing assets to achieve the successful completion of pre planned project goals and objectives. If not achieved, using the right resources, the right staff and the correct values, there is a threat that the project will not meet the needs of the client by way of quality and wrap up time and the company delivering in terms of cost.
Below are an assortment of hints and tips planned to smooth the process of project management so hopefully all parties with the project.
1. In order to deliver a great assignment, the Project Manager must focus on 3 vital elements, delivering the job on TIME, within the BUDGET and maintaining to the QUALITY that was agreed at the planning stage.
2. “You can’t manage what you can’t measure” whether this be time allocated on a project or budget billed for external resources, it is important for successful project management that you have tools and processes in place that can measure every element that will affect the eventual cost of a project.
3. It is the Project Managers job to make sure that everyone involved in the project has a clear vision of what the final deliverable will be. Everyone involved in the project must be heading towards the same goals and any aspects that appear vague must be cleared in order to avoid any mistakes further down the projects line.
4. While it is central that the project team has a clear sight of the end game, it is important that this vision adheres to the vision of the client. It is vital for the Project manager to ensure there are clear sign off point within project so the client can OK the progress as it evolves. Not including the client in such a way can result in nasty shocks when it comes time to deliver. Some projects have a habit of evolving from planning to delivery, so make sure all interested parties are involved in the evolution process.
5. It is essential for successful project management that the project included a clear planning stage to ensure that everyone involved is heading towards the same goal. Invariably during the completion period of the project, event and circumstance will plot to change the original project plan. In such events it is the role of the Project Manager to react and respond to these forces in order to keep the project moving forward.
6. The Project Manager must also keep every member of the team on their toes to ensure that the project is on time. In some situations this could invariably see the Project Manager being seen by the rest of the team in a less than favourable light. This is an aspect of the job, but one that the Project Manager must deal with and rise above, as once the project is completed on time, on budget and to the wishes of the client, everyone will no doubt be friends again.
7. Set out clear objectives for each section of the project. It is no use jumping in with both feet, if you can identify the important touch points throughout the project, then it is more likely everything will remain on track. If it is a large project it will be worth buying in some Project Management Software that will alert all interested parties with the milestones that need to be completed and the time that they have to complete them.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Project Management Tools
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory