A chocolate fountain, like a punch fountain is significantly large and heavy. This is why safety measures must be observed when using this electrical appliance.
1. It is best to set up a chocolate fountain on its own round table. Make sure the table is just about the right size to allow guests to reach across easily. It should be strong enough to hold up to 85 lbs or 40 kgs.
2. See to it that the tiers are assembled properly with the curves up.
3. A chocolate fountain should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. It has to have its own circuit. It can't share circuit with microwaves, percolators, and other appliances. Make sure you tape down the cord securely to the floor. Use heavy duty duct tape to avoid accidents. It is not recommended that you use extension cord. If you really need to use extension cord, use a heavy-duty one (at least 12 gauge). Refer to the local and national electrical codes to be safe, and never use an adapter.
4. Choose the right size of chocolate fountain for your party. If you are hosting a party of 25 people or less, a home fountain is ideal. But if you are holding a bigger party and expecting about 200 to 250 individuals, a four-feet fountain that can hold 20 pounds of chocolate would be great.
5. The fountain should be level in order for it to properly operate. With most commercial units, the base of the fountain can be adjusted. This will allow you to level the unit for consistent flow. The most common result of a fountain that is not leveled is uneven sheeting of chocolate. Another thing that would give you a clue that the unit is not level is a knocking noise it makes when it's on.
6. Make sure there is nothing that may cover the vent hole locates at the base of your fountain. Things like flowers, linens, and other decorations may block the vent and cause the motor to overheat. The unit must sit at least a few inches from the surface on which it's positioned. This is to allow enough airflow to go inside the base and cool the motor.
7. When you are melting the chocolate in the bowl of the unit itself, make sure the temperature is at 250°F only. After the chocolate has melted, bring down the temperature to 150 °F.
8. When you turn the auger on the first time, as the melted chocolate reaches the highest tier, turn the fountain off. Leave if off for strictly a minute only. This process will get rid of bubbles on the auger.
9. Don't turn on the auger before the melted chocolate is ready in the bowl. The auger motors produces heat which can be used for about two to three hours. Running the unit for a significantly longer time or running the fountain with the auger on and the heat set at a higher level, can cause the motor to overheat.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
If you are looking for a chocolate fountain for hire that is sleek and perfect for your party, visit the website of Chocolate Fountain Co at www.ChocolateFountainCo.com.au, or visit this page: www.chocolatefountainco.com.au/prices
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory