During a spa leadership seminar I offer several times a year, I ask the attendees, "What is your list building strategy and how do you generate leads?" And most of the time I get very basic answers with no real solid strategy or plan for list building. Most spa owners cover the basics. They have a website, host events, advertise, a little social media, and a little of this and that. Many still operate under the old adage, "Build it and they will come."
If your spa business is not growing, you'll need to assess your lead generation efforts. Determine how many new guests you are obtaining daily, weekly and monthly. This will be your indication as to how well you are doing with lead generation and your efforts to grow the business.
Spa business growth starts with lead generation, but that's only the beginning. First, you must know the answer to the following questions:
- How many new leads do you generate each month?
- What is your conversion rate from lead to guest?
- What is your average lead cost?
- What is your guest value per visit?
- What is the client lifetime value?
- What is your current retention rate?
Do you know the answers to these questions? If yes, congratulations! If not, you need to determine the answers.
The second factor is to know the cycle used to generate and build your list:
- Utilize marketing efforts to attract leads
- Include an exclusive offer to entice them to opt-in to your list
- Begin communication
- Make an offer to turn them into a guest
- Wow them so they can become a lifetime client
How do we implement the cycle?
In this article, you will learn about the B.E.F.R.I.E.N.D.S. system, which is designed to make list building easier and help you increase your revenue and profits. The B.E.F.R.I.E.N.D.S. system provides a blueprint to help you build a spa list of your target market so you can market to them and grow your business.
B.E.F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is an acronym that stands for the following:
B. Build your list
E. Essential management tools
F. Find your target market
R. Rewards for double opt-in
I. Identify where to generate leads
E. Engage through automated sequencing
N. New offer to convert leads into clients
D. Develop relationships
S. Sustainable growth
People often ask me, "What is the easiest way to build a list?" Here are some examples of how to entice people to opt-in:
- Create a report that will be of interest to your target market. Maybe include an example of what you mean by a report
- Give them the opportunity to download a "How to Stay Healthy and Beautiful" audio.
- Offer your target market a recipe for weight management. This is a must. If you don't have something to entice people to opt-in, you will never have the chance to get them on your list or begin building.
Once they opt-in, it is time to begin communicating with them and work toward converting them into guests. You must set up automated sequences to begin building a relationship.
Here are a few examples to generate leads
- Your website is one of the most economical places to generate leads
- Joint ventures with another business is one the best and fastest ways to generate leads
- Direct mail. Use the post office EDDM. Focus on taking an offline marketing campaign and turning it into an online lead.
Another key component of growing your business is building relationships. When you build relationships, the clients will stay with you longer and spend more money.
The best way to build relationships is by providing valuable communication, benefits, value, respect, and trust. If your entire relationship is based on those values, you will have high-quality, long-lasting relationships.
When talking with new clients, I ask them if they have a newsletter. I still hear the answer, "No." Implementing and maintaining an e-zine is one of the best ways to build relationships. The e-zine plays a big role in lead generation. It has many benefits. Here are a few:
- Have other businesses send it out on your behalf so people can subscribe to it
- Send it out to new leads who opt-in to help position you as an expert
- Archive it on your website for better SEO positioning
- Inform your contact list of your promotions
- Add value and maintain an open line of communication between you and your target audience.
For assistance with your newsletter, contact a business solutions firm.
If you are serious about your spa's business growth, you will implement these proven-effective systems and chart a new path to success.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Dori Soukup is a recognized spa consultant, expert, speaker, coach and author. Dori is the founder and CEO of InSPAration Management, a business firm that specializes in providing business solutions to spa and salon leaders. The firm offers education via CDs, DVDs, Coaching Memberships, Seminars, and more. To learn more, visit http://www.InSPArationmanagement.com.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory