If you think your gold jewelry collection is pure gold, you're wrong. Pure gold is actually too soft for jewelry making. Therefore, your collection would consist of gold alloys, whereby the gold karat will differ depending on the quantity of alloy in it. In this regard, a 24 karat (k) piece is closest to pure gold. On the other hand, 22k is 91.7% pure, 14k is 58.3% pure and 10k is 41.7% pure.
Typically, different types of alloys produce varying colors of gold. These include the following examples:
1. Yellow Gold: This variety consists of gold (91.67%), silver (5%), copper (2%) and zinc (1.33%).
2. Pink Gold: Jewelry made of pink gold consists of gold (75%), copper (20%), and silver (5%).
3. Red Gold: This type is made up of gold (75%) and copper (25%).
4. Gray White Gold: Gray white gold consists of gold (75%), iron (17%) and copper (8%).
5. Green Gold: Such a variety is made up of: gold (75%), silver (20%) and copper (5%).
6. Purple Gold: Gold (80%) and aluminum (20%) makes up this variety.
7. Soft Green Gold: This type is made up of gold (75%) and silver (25%).
8. Deep Green Gold: Jewelry made of deep green gold consists of gold (75%), silver (15%), copper (6%) and cadmium (4%).
9. White Gold: Gold (75%) and platinum/ Palladium (25%) is used to make this gold alloy.
10. Blue White or Blue Gold: Gold (75%) and iron (25%) are combined to make this variety.
11. White Gold: A combination of gold (75%), palladium (10%), nickel (10%), and zinc (5%) is used to make this alloy.
12. Light Green Gold: Such an alloy is derived from a combination of gold (75%), copper (23%), and cadmium (2%).
13. Rose Gold: A combination of gold (75%), copper (22.25%) and silver (2.75%) is used in making rose gold.
When selling your jewelry, you should be aware of the different prices in the market for various gold alloys and karats.
Tips For Selling Your Gold Jewelry
Before you sell gold jewellery, first determine the value of your ornaments by checking their karats and weight. You can check the weight by either weighing at a jeweler store, on a kitchen scale or taking it to your local post office. Thereafter, you can start comparing different prices you will get from gold dealers and jewelers.
Ensure, after weighing, that you get the karat value of your jewelry and have it written down on each piece. This will help you in properly categorizing various ornaments that have similar karat value.
When you properly categorize your jewelry based on the karat value, you're sure to get paid according to the true value of your gold pieces, especially if they are all weighed together. Hence, you won't be underpaid for your jewelry.
Always do a background check on the gold buyers and jewelry stores, to ensure that they are reputable. Make sure that they have a clean record and offer maximum transparency on their business dealings. Also try and check if they have had any previous complaints, what the complaints were and how they got resolved.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Abraham constantly follows trends within the gold industry. He prefers using the services of Gold Dealers Company. Gold Dealers Company is a reputable establishment that is fully registered. Visit us for more information about Comapny of Sell Gold Jewellery.
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory