As a company grows, tasks become more complex and the amount of files to keep track of increases. Managing multiplying documents and keeping them well organized soon becomes a tedious and difficult task. It's a good thing that Microsoft introduced SharePoint, a new business technology that allows valuable business information to be captured into an easy to manage, secured and searchable platform.
It is a new enterprise information portal that can be used to run Internet, Extranet and Intranet sites. It is now widely used to solve various business problems and management processes such as holiday requests, news starters, expense claims, contract management, customer support enquiries, etc.
Here are some of the many reasons why more and more business owners make use of this new and innovative business solution.
1. Allows you to store files in one location, eliminate the cumbersome process of sharing work files via email.
2. Minimize manual actions by applying SharePoint workflow that automates a variety of simple to complex activities and tasks.
3. Boost productivity by reducing the amount of time workers spend accomplishing various tasks which would allow them to focus on other important activities.
4. Track the progress and status of different tasks or requests. This allows managers to quickly get an overview of the completed and pending works. It also provides effective reporting and auditing capabilities.
5. Easily deal with large volume of requests by giving users an easy to use form while the workflow system manages the requests.
6. Reduce errors by providing a framework that efficiently guides users to minimize human error. This will ensure accurate outcome and involve only the people who are officially involved in the work process.
7. Collaborate and connect with employees working in different locations.
8. Provide perfect scalability. As your business grows, you can customize the system to assist you to hire more, do more work, add servers, etc.
9. Align workflows with company policies to maintain work standards and ensure compliance.
10. Build great sites with ease. Using familiar design tools and controls, you can create dynamic internet and intranet sites that allows you to share the vision of your organization with everyone.
11. Integrate with other system by reading or writing data from other systems automatically. This provides users a single point of data access and prevents information silo.
12. Gives an intuitive and easy interface or work environment. Because the portal is designed to fit any work environment without a glitch, it is hard to notice the changes unless someone points it out. The workflow is simply integrated to your computer's MS Office suite and other windows applications, giving you easy to use features, menus and toolbars.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
To discover more about SharePoint and other IT business solutions, visit the Conducive website at conducive.com.au
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Powered by ABC Article Directory