ABC Article Directory banner displaying blue butterfly logo. Click to go directly to the main Homepage


A Swimming Instruction For Better Mind And Body






     One of the health problems known as asthma has no real cure, but health experts believe that that the life threatening effects of this health problem can be reduced if the lungs are strong. A lot of swimmers in the world of sports actually say that that main reason they got into swimming is because they were told by their physicians that the best way to minimize the effects of asthma is through the exercise of swimming. But more than just an effective treatment for asthma, swimming has a lot of other benefits that can help us all.

Swimming training, especially for older people, can instantly reinvigorate them and make them feel younger. Studies reveal that people within the 50 to 70 age bracket who regularly swam (two to four days a week) do not struggle with back problems which are typical health issues for folks of their age. Apart from the fact that swimming is effective in improving flexibility, it's important to mention that a swimming workout is truly not like other exercises. According to a report shared by Discovery Health, "it has the ability to work your body without the harsh impact to the skeletal system. When the human body is submerged in water, it automatically becomes lighter" -- meaning the body carries just 50% of its original weight. And if a person submerges his body all the way to the neck, he would only carry about 10% of his own original weight as the water takes care of the other 90%.

It's for the same reason that swimming is also a recommended form of body rehabilitation for people who have injured their back and legs. Actually, even those who suffer from severe hyperthyroidism, fibromyalgia and Guillain Barre Syndrome (a curable form of ascending paralysis) are advised by doctors to take up swimming as a form of therapy to regain the strength of their legs without placing too much pressure on the joints.

Health studies also report that swimming has the ability to improve bone strength especially for post-menopausal women who are highly prone to osteoporosis due to hormonal imbalances. It's crucial, however, or these women to get proper swimming instruction or they may be stretching their bodies in angles or positions that can harm their posture - with proper swimming instruction, they can maximize the health benefits of this water activity.

Yet another benefit of swimming which does promote better well-being is that it can reduce the risk of coronary heart disease in women by up to 40%. Going for half an hour of swimming each day makes for a great aerobic exercise that can easily make the heart much stronger and much more efficient at pumping blood through our body.

There are still so many other benefits to taking up swimming as a sport or even just a form of daily exercise, and as studies continue to be conducted to determine its impact on health, there will likely be more advantages to be added to the long list of ways this water sport promotes better overall health.






Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com

Getting the right instructions for swimming is the right way to go to ensure that you will be swimming correctly.


Posted on 2013-06-03, By: *

* Click on the author's name to view their profile and articles!!!


Note: The content of this article solely conveys the opinion of its author.


Animated RSS Symbol for the ABC Article Directory rss category feed ... Get Every New Health Article Delivered Instantly!



Facebook Comments


" data-width="470" data-num-posts="10">




Cartoon image of a figure holding a magnifying glass looking for articles in the ABC Article Directory

Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!



Custom Search

Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!

Bing




Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!

Please Rate this Article

No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article





/EDF Publishing. All rights reserved. Script Services by: Sustainable Website Design
Use of our free service is protected by our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service Contact Us

User published content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License
.
Increase your website traffic with Attracta.com

Valid CSS!


ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Date:


Powered by ABC Article Directory