April Fool's Day is almost upon us, and what better way to warm up our laughter than with a few funny quotes? Chances are, you're going to pull a few pranks (and be the center of one or two) when April 1st rolls around. Let these funny quotes get your humorous side ready for this day of great fun.
1. "April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four." ~ Mark Twain
2. "It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor." ~ Max Eastman
3. "Isn't it appropriate that the month of the tax begins with April Fool's Day and ends with cries of "May Day!"?" ~ Author Unknown
4. "Here cometh April again, and as far as I can see the world hath more fools in it than ever." ~ Charles Lamb
5. "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~ Oscar Wilde
6. "Love is like a booger. You keep picking at it until you get it, then wonder what to do with it." ~ Author Unknown
7. "You grow up the day you have your first real laugh -- at yourself." ~ Ethel Barrymore
8. "You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, "My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" ~ Dave Barry
9. "The full area of ignorance is not mapped. We are at present only exploring the fringes." ~ JD Bernal
10. "Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you." ~ Carl Gustav Jung
11. "A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice" ~ Bill Cosby
12. Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. ~ Will Rogers
13. "I sometimes wonder if the manufacturers of foolproof items keep a fool or two on their payroll to test things." ~ Alan Coren
14. "A sense of humor is the only divine quality of man." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
While the phrase "April fool" started out as a way to ridicule those who refused to change with the times (back in the 1500's) it's now a way to share our humorous side with family, friends and colleagues. This year, make a promise to yourself to play at least one April Fool's joke and to be a good sport when you're the butt of one. After all, the ability to laugh at one's self is a sure sign that you're not really a fool, regardless of what day or month it is. Get yourself in the laughing mood with the above 14 funny quotes.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
For more funny quotes, check out the popular funny quotes section of Famous-Quotes-And-Quotations.com, a website that specializes in 'Top 10' lists of quotations in dozens of categories.
Related Videos on Culture and Society
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory