Given the many choice on the market, whether for school or camp, choosing a kids backpack can be challenge . Below are 10 tips to considering when shopping around for a child's backpack.
1. Choose a school bag that is made out of lightweight materials. Lighter backpacks are easier on the back and can help prevent injuries and discomfort when carrying a load.
2. Pick a book bag that has padded and adjustable back straps. You might also want to consider one with a hanging hook. Ideal for hanging in a child's locker area or hook at home.
3. Select a bag for kids that features multiple front and side pockets for easy access to frequently used items. Some bags will feature side zippered pockets or mesh pockets. If you intend on using one of the side pockets to hold a water bottle, go with the mesh option. They tend to hold the bottle more snugly. Front pockets are great for easy access to important items.
4. Size matters. Choose a bag that is proportionally sized to your child's frame. You don't want to overload your child with an over sized bag that will weigh them down.
5. Limit the weight of your bag to 15% of a child's body. You don't want your child to develop any back issues early on which may affect them later on in life.
6. If you anticipate your child carrying larger loads, you might want to consider a bag that includes chest and waist support straps. These types of straps will prevent your child from the tendency to hunch over, which may cause discomfort and severe back pain.
7. Look for bags that are made of canvas material (600D Polyester is a good start). Plastic ones tend to tear easily. Canvas bags tend to be thicker and heavier but will last longer. Unless you intend on dishing out $75 and above, don't expect your typically kids backpack to last more than one season. Besides, your child will probably want to change and go with the latest hot cartoon design.
8. There are three types of school bags on the market these days; toddler, mid-size and full-sized. Choose the correct one for your purposes. Ask yourself if your child will use the bag to carry books, clothing, beach towels for camp, or simply smaller things to go to daycare.
9. Zippers are an important element to also consider. Make sure they are easy to use by those little hands. Larger ones, and those made of tougher canvas materials such as 900D polyester material may be too tough for children to easily open pockets.
10. Theme. Last, but no least, THE most important factor to take into account in choosing a kids backpack is design. There are many licensed character backpacks on the market these days. There are Disney backpacks for school including Disney Princess backpacks, Disney Cars backpacks (this one will surely be hot this year with the new Disney Cars 2 movie coming out this summer), Max and Ruby backpacks, Caillou backpacks (ideal for the preschool croud), and many more.
Article Source: http://www.abcarticledirectory.com
Ron Goldman holds the fun position of Chief Big Kid at KimmyShop.com - a leading on-line e-tailer specializing in hard to find character merchandise.
Related Videos on Family
Did You Like/Dislike This Article? Give It YOUR Rating!
Please Rate this Article
5 out of 54 out of 53 out of 52 out of 51 out of 5
No Ratings Yet. Be The First To Rate This Article
Still Searching? Last Chance to find what you're looking for with a Google Custom Search!
Or.... You can search this site using our Bing Custom Search!
Powered by ABC Article Directory